About me

 Thank you for taking the time to read my website, I appreciate your time.


I want you to get to know me a little bit, so I'm going to share some of my life here with you, if you want to see some photo's and videos then follow me on Instagram and Facebook. I try and share my workouts and health, mindset and fitness tips on them regularly.

I'm Claire Youngson. I live and work just north of Aberdeen, Scotland.

I started my working career working for KD Marine ( a commercial diving contractor in the North Sea) and stayed with them for 8 years. I worked in the office doing a variety of jobs but left in 2016 to go explore the world and have an awesome adventure or two.

So, July 2016 I headed off to Vietnam to explore more of the amazing country. I travelled from Ho Chi Min City to Halong Bay in the north, exploring some of the most awesome places I have been to date. From Halong I travelled back to Hanoi to catch a plane over to Vientiane, Laos. If you haven't been you should go. Laos is a beautiful country and the people are lovely. I travelled across the country to the Mekong River to catch a "wee boat" down the river into Thailand. 10 hours on a boat, in monsoon season was one experience I'll never forget. I got to Chang Mai, with time to fit in a bungee jump... Bungee Jumping is a one time deal for me, it was fun but the added fear of doing in Thailand is enough to ensure I'll not do it again 😂

One overnight train later and I was back in Bangkok; it is for sure one of my favourite cities to explore and the markets are so much fun. After Bangkok, I hopped on a flight to Singapore for a week. Now, I know most people like it, but it's not for me. I'm not sure why, but I just wouldn't be rushing back there. My week was full of wandering around and trying out all the foods but it was about time I was Australia bound.

Australia was brilliant, lots of things to do and see if you can afford it.. I was there for 7 weeks so I've decided I'll just add a couple photos of the things I did and places I've explored. If you have been, where is your favourite place?
So, after 7 weeks in Australia it was time to jet off to Fiji for a long weekend, after all it's kind of on my way to New Zealand and it would be rude not to stop in by 😉 I lay on a beach and topped up my tan before setting of for Auckland in New Zealand. By now I was feeling confident in travelling solo and decided just to get into the city and then find a place to stay.. this was a mistake, turns out there's a LOT of people in one place and hostels are hard to get into 😂 but after about 4 hours of wandering about asking each one I managed to find one that had a bed, so I booked it for the whole time I would be in Auckland. To save having the same issue later...

New Zealand is an awesome place and I loved every minute of it, I was there for 3 months so probably best I just share some photos rather than rambling on...
I came back home 3 days before Christmas, because Christmas is best spent at home with your family (and Santa needed to know where I would be).

I'll try and speed this up, but once I get to writing about travelling I can't stop, so thanks for bearing with me this long 😊

By the end of January 2017 I was working for an engineering company and considering my future, I wanted a job I was passionate about, one that made me want to get out of bed - but that wasn't being a office manager. I felt 'meh' and honestly was eating like a bit of an arsehole - lots of crisps, chocolate and booze and I didn't really want to do much else. I dragged myself along to kickboxing, more to teach than take part, but it kept me going and kept me feeling ok but my weight soared up 10kgs (in around 4-5 months 🤯) and I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. So I roped in a friend who was a Personal Trainer and he helped me get back on track with my training so all I needed to do was take control of my eating. Only I could do that. So, I was back training and trying to eat better but it was hard. I lived alone and couldn't quite get back on track so I started researching the best way to do it - it was a bit of information overload. In the end I went with a simple method (well to me) if I didn't make it, I didn't eat it.

I know it helps that I like to cook but honestly this saved me and I started losing the weight slowly. After a year I was down 6kgs, feeling fitter, stronger and most importantly more confident in myself. During this time I was reading lot of information about my own training and nutrition and I wanted more and more facts. I was actually buzzing to find out more, learn more, so I decided the best way would be to do my Personal Training diploma as well as a Nutrition course (or 2) and I absolutely loved it!

From then on I just wanted to help people feel better, fitter and more confident. I want the people I work with to see their session as more than 'just one PT session a week', I want to help people feel like they have control over their eating, food and training. After all, knowledge is power. I'll always explain, maybe even over explain, why we are doing something and answer any questions as many times as you need to understand the health or fitness topic.

If you have felt the same way, at any time then please get in touch. Share your story, whether you are through the other side or need a help getting started. I have your back.

Thanks for reading my story.

Claire 🤙🏼

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Activity Levels & Exercise

10 Most Frequently Asked Fitness Questions